The top is now complete.
Here is the old one.
I was rather proud of the back of the old one which I made from all the leftovers. It was a bit of a nightmare getting them to fit together but I have decided to do something similar with this quilt because I have a couple of large lengths of batik in colours and patterns related to the front.
I quilted that one myself. After machining it all in the ditch I made a couple of stencils of the patterns in the fabric and then hand quilted the motifs in the plain blue blocks.
I am not sure I have the patience to do that again. It was one of those winter evening jobs in the days when I could just about quilt and see the TV at the same time! The new one may go to a longarm quilter but first I need to put the back together. I also plan to make a replacement quilt for the one on my bed as it is beginning to fall to pieces. I bought some fabrics as a start last year but I have had to put them somewhere out of the cats' reach and now I cannot find them anywhere. Perhaps that is a signal that I need to do something more creative and challenging first. I had something pinned up to start me thinking but when the first floods hit the village I took it down and brought it into the house for safety. I seem to remember that I had decided a bit of printing was needed as the next step so now I have no excuse not to get back to it.
I have not given a link to Jan Mullen's book as it is out of print. I have used it a number of times because everything is 'rough' cut and you do not have to get all the points to meet which just suits me fine.